Thursday 9 December 2010

Man told he is pregnant with twins

Gianni says: No... it's not Bud Spencer. And no, it's not one of Berlusconi's many unknown off-springs. But it sure is a curious piece of news!


A man was told by a hospital that he was two months’ pregnant... possibly with twins.

Childless Hilton Plettell, 50, was sent a letter – addressed to Mr Plettell – which informed him that he would give birth in seven months’ time. Like all mums-to-be, he was asked to go for a scan and was helpfully told: “Please attend with a full bladder, which is important to your ultrasound.” The only time he has been to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital was to have kidney stones removed almost 15 years ago.

The hospital letter advised Hilton: “An ultrasound scan is used to check pregnancy, to determine how far pregnant you are, and sometimes it can show twins.” Hilton said: “It came as a bit of a shock to say the least. I had to read it through twice as I thought I must have read it wrong.” “My partner asked me if it was a secret I had been keeping from her – everyone has had a good laugh about it. I knew the letter was genuine.”
Mr Hilton would have been looking like this? - don't worry much about this guy. His belly is full of beer.. no babies


He added: “The ribbing has been coming thick and fast. When I walk up to the door of my snooker club I get, ‘Ooh mother and baby coming through’. A few of my friends have told me to turn up at Norwich Hospital as a woman and wear a wig.”

Emma McKay, senior nurse for women and children’s services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital said: “We have contacted him directly to apologize. We will also be taking the opportunity to look at how this obvious mistake occurred and improve our procedures.”

No comments:

Post a Comment